A terrific team – making a difference!
Supported Living Assistants (SLA) perform many of the same duties as other direct care positions however they do so at the client’s home or assist the client while in the community. SLA’s may find themselves providing transport, performing housekeeping duties, mentoring clients or going on outings of various sorts in the community. Bowling anyone?
Children’s Extensive Service (CES) workers do much the same kinds of activities as the SLA’s above except that they work with children rather than adults. Early Intervention staff also work with babies age birth to three years old.
Family Care Providers can become employees to provide services to their family member based on the Service Plan. Family Care Providers must be immediate family members to the person receiving services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Everyone has something to contribute
- Everyone needs meaningful relationships
- People deserve the dignity of making choices
- Life is meant to be enjoyed
- Flexible Scheduling
- Great People!
- Paid Training
- Generous Leave
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Active Health & Wellness Program
- Reduced Gym Memberships (Golds & Anytime Fitness)
Staff regularly scheduled for 30+ hours are eligible for:
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Health Insurance with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group Life Insurance (plus add on)
- Short Term Disability
- Rights, MANE & Person Centered Thinking
- First Aid/CPR
- Confidentiality/HIPAA and Incident Reports
- Med Administration and Praticum (QMAP)
- Defensive Driving
- Vital Signs
- Fire Saftey – at fire department
- Personal Care & Diabetes
- Unspoken Rules of Being a Good Employee & Harassment
- Body Mechanics
- Boundaries & Values
- Infectious Diseases & Universal Precautions
- Harassment Review
- Illness & Injury Overview
- Service Plans
What Our Team Members Say
I left a law firm environment in search of meaningful work and found COI. Nowhere will you find more caring, appreciative people who walk their talk every day. And when the going gets tough, we face each challenge together, and in support of the awesome folks we serve. The truth is, we receive much more than we give, as we encourage our folks (and each other) to engage the world with courage, wonder and joy, and achieve what yesterday seemed impossible.
~Audrey – Community Support